Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yes, I Know.



One of the stranger things about me is how much I love Winter. If I were stuck in Winter 6 months out of the year I'd have no complaints at all. And people call me crazy for this! But to clarify, I love Winter for these reasons.

First off, I love winter fashion. Call me a fag (ha! that's original), but I love to see scarfs and gloves and coats and boots and everything else that makes up winter gear. It's a drastic change and I enjoy the variety that winter fashion brings.

Second, I'm enthralled by every sensory function involved in winter. I love the feeling of the cold on my cheeks, I like watching the snow fall, I find it fun to barrel through the heaps of snow. The taste of hot chocolate or hot coffee in the wintertime is so appealing and almost healing. I like to make snow angels, to go sledding, I love watching Hockey...Gah! I could just on about it forever.

Lastly, Winter makes people truly appreciate the other seasons. If I lived in a place where it was always hot, I don't think I'd be as active as I am. Because of the cold I tend to spend a lot of time outside during spring and summer because I'm taking advantage of the good weather! In other places, I'd only take it for granted.

So, there you have it. Why I love winter so much. It's the best time of the year! :-)