Saturday, August 23, 2008

Biking Through Columbus.

I wish I could blog from my bike, because I had a lot of thoughts about our fine city today! I went from campus to German Village (and everywhere in between), and to my best recollection this was what popped into my mind along the trail:

  • First, there was this new bar opening next to the High Beck! I can't remember the name, but it was something like Bole'. It had the tag line "Ultra Lounge", which is something that usually perks my interest (pending it's casual, relaxed). Should be interesting! :-)
  • The Grange Insurance building is coming along real nicely! They had this beautiful (yet incomplete) bridge from the parking lot to the building itself. It reminded me of the skyways in Minneapolis (or our own in the Nationwide Headquarters). Although I doubt it will be a part of the Columbus Skyline (too short, too far away from the square), it's still a nice addition to High Street. And anything that brings more people from the suburbs to the city makes me happy!
  • Although still barely even started, the new courthouse downtown has its first pillars up!
  • Note to self: Don't bike south on Third! Trying to fight with commuters coming onto/leaving the Highway is never a good idea!
  • Whatever it is they're building across from The High Five (an old laundry mat was there) is looking pretty good! They still have a ton more to do, but I'm certainly curious what will end up being there.
  • The new Student Union looks GREAT! Too bad it's still well over a year away...
    • As a side note, it still irks me that as a student at The Ohio State University, I will never have been able to utilize a main library nor a student union.
I think those were all of my thoughts for the bike ride. If you have any info on Bole', the development at Fifth/High or any of the other things I mentioned...comment and let me know! :-)