Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Review: Caffe Daniela!

So I have this rule--nothing north of Henderson and nothing south of Greenlawn. I bike everywhere in this city, so this 10 mile stretch is still encompassing enough to explore the city, yet it keeps me from having to bike over 20 miles a day. The rule is definitely flexible, though, and today I decided to venture beyond the limits and check out Worthington's newest restaurant, Caffe Daniela. Their doors opened barely three weeks ago, and I have to say that already they are acting like a first-class, well-vetted restaurant!

The interior is beautiful yet lacking that haughty ostentation that is suddenly becoming popular among quaint cafes. (This is a good thing). The Italian influenced menu features an assortment of traditional entrees, from pizzas to lasanga, salads to paninis (even in 'mini' size!) and of course a great selection of gelato and sorbet. I selected the Enzo Panini ($6.50) and absolutely loved it. (I mean, who would complain with a marriage of prosciutto, sopressata and a light white cheese served with a dash of an italian blend dressing? Just writing about it I'm getting hungry again!) The ciabatta bread itself was so soft it had to have been baked within a few hours of me devouring it. It was delicious!

The rest of menu was certainly tempting, though I could only eat so much! However, I'll just note that the prices were extremely reasonable, especially considering the fresh ingredients, satisfying portions and the comfortable ambiance. On top of that, the staff was beyond friendly; I was asked no less than three times if I was enjoying my meal! Simply across the board, I was very impressed and will have to extend my biking limits to 161 in order to fit in more Caffe Daniela!

Caffe Daniela is located at 650 N. High Street in Worthington, Ohio. You can contact them at (614) 436-0139. (Will Shilling Photo courtesy of Columbus Alive!)