Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am not from New York.

Nope, I am not a New Yorker. I was born in Washington DC and I seem to fit the mold of an east coaster--ambitious, self-interested and all-together too fabulous. Yet somehow I ended up in the Midwest, and I've fallen in love with the people and way of life here. Although not as enchanting as life in a city that never sleeps, I do believe you can have that same level of fabulosity right here in The Midwest.

I live in Columbus, Ohio. It's been hailed as the San Francisco of the Midwest due to its huge gay population, extremely liberal community, democratic leadership and cultured artists.

This blog will serve as a beacon of things going on around town, in the state and in the region, as well as continued comparison between Columbus and other cities. I also won't hesitate to share my political opinions, strange anecdotes from over the years, didactic rants on religion and I certainly won't be abashed to share any love story that is worthy of a tell.

Pour yourself a glass of chardonnay, light up a cigarette, and enjoy.