Thursday, July 31, 2008

Safe Road Maps.

I don't have enough time to blog about this (exams tonight and tomorrow), but I think my future school University of Minnesota has developed quite possibly the most amazing online program. It's called Safe Road Maps (.org) and it is a website that allows anyone to log on and view high-frequency accident areas all over the world. It utilizes Google Map technology, so it is user-friendly yet simultaneously technologically savvy (oh, and did I mention fun?). Here is a link to the brief introduction video!

Since my future is in both Transportation Planning and Transportation Engineering, seeing a program like this developed at my future school strikes a huge sense of pride in me...and also an incredible sense of excitement! I wonder what things we'll be developing when I'm there? :-P