Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update from The Windy City.

Yes, I'm in Chicago. Yes, I brought a camera. No, I don't have a way to upload the photos.


...sigh. I'll get them up here, eventually. In my recent move I lost the cord that connects my camera to my computer, and those things are not too easy to find. I'll figure out how to load photos, eventually.


I will let you know that the Trump Tower looks AMAZING! I remember on one of my first trips to Chicago they had just begun to build it, and now it's such a feeling of near-liberation to watch it come to completion. There will be a "topping ceremony" on September 24th where they put the remaining windows into the building and dub it complete. As of now, though, the hotel is already opening and functioning, and the majority of the building is finished.


The Trump International Hotel and Tower is now the second tallest building in The United States, coming in only after Chicago's Sears Tower. With its spire it stands at 1,362 feet. Prior to the Trump Tower, the AON Center was the second tallest building in Chicago at 1,170 feet.


I'm on my way to check the grounds of the Chicago Spire. Once completed, it will be the tallest building in the United States at 2000 feet and the second tallest building in the world.