Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh, If Only Winnie Were Here!

Wine is a big part of the dining experience, and as a server in a fairly respectable place, it is my duty to make sure I know our wine list inside and out. It's obviously a terrible chore--trying unique wines from around the world, oh such a bother!--but I guess it comes with the job description.

So when I stumbled across this wine, I was simultaneously enthralled, captivated, curious...and hysterical.



I swear to God, that may be one of the gayest things I've ever seen. (And, let's be Frank--that means a lot). There are two bears on a rowboat, gently basking in the warmth of a cool summer's day. One softly strokes the passing waters while the other sits back and politely drops his wrist. All he needs is a parasol and the picture would officially be the gayest thing I have ever seen. I can just imagine the conversation. "Well, darling, I don't know about you, but I just love New York in the springtime!"

Turns out, it's actually a pretty good Pinot Noir. And since the label is so damn funny, I've made it my number one Pinot to recommend. So if you're looking for a classic, stable, jammy and yet hilarious Pinot Noir, you can find Beat Boat right here!